This week I would like to write about panic attacks and discuss the following phases:
- What are panic attacks
- What causes them
- How understanding this can help you battle the panic attack
PRE PANIC ATTACK:
- Preparation physically, mentally and emotionally for potential panic attacks
- Description of reasons for panic attacks
DURING A PANIC ATTACK:
- Tips on what to do when having a panic attack
AFTER A PANIC ATTACK:
- How to improve your chances of managing your panic attacks moving forward
This week will be about helping you to identify if you may be having panic attacks, understand how to recognise one is about to happen, how to work your way through it and how to start building a coping strategy after each panic attack.
This is not a magic fix, but will require your involvement to be successful. So, if you think you have panic attacks and would like to understand methods that may assist, check in each day this week to see if this might work for you.
If you think your life is being impacted by panic attacks I would strongly recommend you seek professional advice and support of your friends and family if appropriate.