Money is a terrible Master but an excellent Servant. – P. T. Barnum
Over the last 2 weeks we have worked through a summary of the Marcia Bench Career Coaching Program to help you to identify your dream career and/or job.
Today we finalise the program summary by discussing that ugly subject “money”. In reality it is a necessary evil, however there is a difference between what we need versus what we want.
Over the last couple of weeks, we have looked at your:
- Life Experience
- Motivators and Interests
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work and Other Experiences
- Job/Career Targets
- Work Environment
As a result we have built a dream career and/or job profile. Now we need to ask the questions, “Can this occupation support you financially? Does it allow you to sustain the life-syle to which you are, or would like to be accustomed?
To answer these questions we can use a “business reality” filter that will consider:
- Does the work you want to do meet a need in the business/work world?
- Are the job targets you have selected financially feasible?
- Are there enough potential or actual positions to make the job targets viable for a full-scale job search?
- Are you prepreaed, mentally and financially, for your length of your job search?
By pulling all the 8 factors above together, you will have built yourself an “Authentic Vocation Profile” and be ready to chase your career, knowing what is important to you and how you will get it.
If you have any questions, would like any support, or would like access to a free toolkit to develop you Authentic Vocation Profile, please contact me at Startafreshlife.