Over this program I have asked you a couple of times to consider what would your inner child say:
- When you were a child, what were some of you favourite pastimes?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Don’t restrict your thinking to the obvious
The reason we do this is because “children have the answer”. Young children are free thinking and selfish, they are:
- Not influenced by expectations of others
- Only interested in what makes them feel good
- Able to adjust to change in the blink of an eye
- Able to try new things and are not scared
- Are curious and keen to learn
Well today I would like you to try to channel your inner child and re-look at your job and career targets.
I would like you to go back to your list from yesterday and take 10 minutes to imagine yourself as a child. What do you feel, think, see, hear?
Write down 3 things you would like to be when you grow up?
Go back to your list from this week. What do you see? Would you make any changes? If you can’t remove any to fit in the new ideas, at the very least, just add them. After all you are a child aren’t you and how often do they follow the rules we set them.
Some people will find it hard to really get back to that child like state due to life experiences and influences, seek help if you are unable to get there from a friend or family member you trust or a career coach. It will be worth the effort.
Another approach if you cannot manage to channel your inner child is to imagine your “ideal day”. What would it look like, feel like, sound like? What would you be doing if you were at work? What would you be doing for a job?
If you would like to know more or have any questions please contact me below.