As in all good planning phases you need to identify a target to move towards, here are some tips on how to set your job targets.
- Identify your logical option based on prior position and experience. Ask yourself if you were going to be promoted, what would be the next logical position.
- Add to your logical option by considering another industry, a supplier industry and/or a customer industry.
- Look beyond the logical step to how you can rearrange your career building blocks by considering your answers to (a) life purpose, (b) values, (c) motivators, (d) skills and abilities, and (e) work experience.
- Look to online resources to assist discover different ideas and targets that you may not have considered.
Questions that may help you to develop your answers are:
- What do you really want to do?
- When you were a child, what were some of your favourite pastimes?
- As a child what did you dream of being when you grew up?
- What would you do if you didn’t care what other people thought?
- What would you do if you couldn’t fail?
- What if you had no limits?
- What if money were no object?
If you have any questions or would like to sign up for the full program, please contact me at Startafreshlife.