I was driving home last night when I heard this statement over the radio and it got me to wondering….
However, more importantly “What can I do to stop this from happening?” I don’t have the answers and there are smarter people than me studying this and trying to change the trend.
It did get me to thinking though, what has changed:
- Sense of community at an all time low
- Fast paced word full of change
- High expectations of what we do and how we live our life
- Everyone has an opinion and shares it openly on social media and via traditional media
- Bullying is at an all time high through words and action
So, what can I do? I can stop and think before I have my opinion and express my thoughts, especially on social media.
- Would I be ok if someone said this about me?
- Who am I to tell someone what to think?
- Would I be ok if what I said was the thing that pushed someone over the edge?
- Why do I even need to say anything?
TODAY’S THE DAY
- I stop think and express my opinions and thoughts with respect for others more often
- I take responsibility for my words and the hurt it may cause others
- I get on with living my life the best way I know how
At the end of the day we have to live with our words and actions and know we had a good day. I want to know I did that.
WHEN YOU CHANGE THE WAY YOU SEE THINGS,
THE THINGS YOU SEE CHANGE!
Who knows this small step could lead to a new way of thinking for me and maybe others in the future and the next headline I hear or read is.
Suicide’s are declining for Australian’s between 15 and 44, because people stopped and cared.
If you are thinking about this, please don’t become another statistic or a reason for it.
If you need to talk to some-one or need support you can contact – Lifeline for support, you are not alone and I care.